Parental Guidance for the 2020-2021 School Year
Friday, July 24, 2020
In preparation for the upcoming school year, we would like to share the following guidelines with parents and guardians.
- All students will be required to wear a mask when they get on a bus.
- All buses will have a bus monitor who will take each student’s temperature when they get on the bus regardless of age.
- Everyone will have an assigned seat.
- Everyone will sit one person to a seat.
- If you do not have a mask, you will not be allowed on the bus.
- Please make sure someone is home to stay with a student who is not allowed on the bus because of temperature over 100 degrees or they do not have a mask.
- Buses will arrive to pick up students later than usual because no one will be allowed in school buildings until 7:45 a.m.
- Bus drivers will be making contact with all parents/guardians of students that ride their bus route.
⏰Arrival at school
- No students will be allowed in any school buildings or on campus until 7:45 a.m.
- When students enter the building, they must go straight to their classroom.
- Breakfast will be served in the classroom to all students.
- It is highly recommended that all students wear a mask when social distancing is not practical while at school.
🐾Jr high and high school students
- All students will be required to wear a mask at all times unless they can social distance.
✏️Every student in the district will have an assigned seat on the bus, in every class and/or class period and in the cafeteria.
✏️We will do our best to keep students six feet apart but there will be times this is not possible. We ask for both your and your child’s cooperation during this process.
✏️If someone does not wear a mask as directed, they will be considered in violation of dress code and they will be sent home to do virtual learning.
✏️Masks must be school appropriate.
💻 Virtual learning
- For those of you who have chosen virtual learning, we will have parent training nights scheduled in August. Please be looking for details soon.
- No one will be allowed to enter buildings freely. Please call ahead to a specific office as needed.
Prescott School District - 887-3016
Prescott Elementary - 887-2514
Prescott Jr High - 887-2521
Prescott High - 887-3123
✏️If your child is sick
- We will contact you if your child complains of or is identified as having symptoms.
- It is imperative that parent/guardian contact information is up to date.
- To protect others, your child will be placed in an isolation area away from other students and asked to wear a mask until you arrive.
- Upon receipt of school notification, it is up to you to decide if and when your child needs medical attention.
- We recommend you contact your child’s medical provider and follow their specific guidance regarding the next steps you will need to take.
- Our District point of contact for the Arkansas Department of Health is School Nurse Candy Rogers, 887-7606, as well as Jade Cornelius, 887-7820, who are required to report to our local health department immediately any case of confirmed COVID-19 while maintaining confidentiality. Please let them know as soon as possible if your child or another family member living in your household receives a positive COVID-19 test result.
🐺Mostly importantly please know that the District is working consistently to make the best decisions for your children. As always, we appreciate your patience as we all work thru the changes we are all facing.